Our 'Naked' coffee bean journey will take you to India, showcasing the humble process of the coffee bean from crop to cup.
1. Coffee Flower - [Coffea]. A bee needs to pollinate the flower to produce coffee cherries.
2. Coffee Cherries - Arabica coffee cherries.
3. Coffee Cherries - Robusta coffee cherries.
4. Coffee Plant - Arabica coffee plant with cherries. The plant grows to approximately 4 foot high!
5. Coffee Picker - Only the ripe cherries are picked.
6. Sorting Cherries - Picker sorts the ripe cherries ready for weighing and processing.
7. Processing - There are two processes 'honey' or 'natural'.
8. Patio - The coffee beans need to be turned every couple of hours for four days until completely dried.
9. Dried Beans - Dried coffee beans ready to be bagged and roasted.
10. Honey Process - Coffee beans are dried in beds with some of the mucilage left on them.
11. Naked Espresso Coffee - The end result is a delicious cup of 'Naked' coffee.
Why not pop in and see us 892 North Road, Bentleigh East and enjoy the Naked Espresso bean!